Thursday

A belgian man becomes the first President of Europe

I was taken by surprise when my husband told me that the Belgian prime minister Herman Van Rompuy has been elected as the first president of Europe. I still cannot believe it even if i knew that belgium is a great country and even (or despite?) though it is small in size and population. With 3 official languages wow! that is a lot for a small country. My husband always joked that belgium does not exist anymore but now England, Germany, Italy and 24 other european countries will be lead by a belgian man.



Hats off to the prime minister Herman Van Rompuy! Congratulations to you meneer Herman Van Rompuy and to Belgium. We are very happy for Belgium.


Somehow a lot of negative criticism arised before Herman Van Rompuy was elected as the first European president.

See below

Quoted from demorgen.be newspaper (belgian newspaper)





--Political criticism . The tabloid also quoted the British MEP Gerard Batten of UKIP party, which strives for the withdrawal of Britain from the European Union. "A president of a country from nothing (nothing a country) that will tell us what to do? They are jackals in the tail of the lion bite."



my comment: this man is egoistic. I wonder what is his achievement in his own country to say that. How could he measure a country, the people or a person? Well, he would be measured too, i have no doubt about that.


---- Most Belgian politicians seem to love high taxes even more than chocolate, beer and frites
Timothy Kirkhope, Conservative leader in the Euro Parliament --



my comment: oh yah, really how do you know that. For me, I just love their chocolates, diamonds, frituur, mosselen, arts, free medical care(they are one of the best with regards to medical care), the arhitecture, the numerous castles, the restaurants and etc. I pay taxes too. I don't care if it is high, as long as they give us the necessities to make life better. I will pay promptly and always.



He will lead the 27 countries, that is not so easy so i think he is smart enough to be selected by the european leaders themselves. Forget about the negative criticism but rather focus on what he can do in the coming days and years to make europe more progressive. There is more to see and know about Belgium, i tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for your comment.